Saturday, July 14, 2012

Recipes!

The other day, my 84 year old neighbor brought me a HUGE zucchini from her garden.  While I always greatly appreciate the fruits (and veggies! hehe) of her elderly labor... I have to admit, I hate zucchini.  I've learned to like eggplant (most of the time) but zucchini, I just can't do it.  SO!  I remembered that I DO love zucchini bread.  I found a recipe (NOT my invention), and made my first Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread!  The recipe makes two loaves, and as Victor was out of town, and I certainly don't need TWO loaves, I brought the second loaf to the hospital for all the lovely nurses and doctors and auxiliaries who are there taking care of our sweet baby (and putting up with me).  It was a huge success!!  I need to translate it into Portuguese right away!!  But here it is! 

NOTE! *** I only bake in the oven for about 40 minutes!!!  (My oven is a little cranky so WATCH YOUR OVEN!!!

When I made this the other day, I had no nutmeg, and I skipped the nuts and raisins and threw in 100g of chocolate chips.  Don't want my zucchini too healthy.... :D  



Also requested, was the Best Banana Bread ever!  This is SO easy... Again, not my recipe but I have to pass my secrets along.  This recipe is great when you find those three bananas in the back of the fridge. You need three MATURE bananas, peel should be browning!  And I also always add cinnamon.

  
 And because it is that time of year here in Portugal, and everyone has plum trees with more plums that you can possibly eat...


Happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment