Saturday, May 26, 2012

may 19th


Yesterday, our tiny Valentina turned ten days old! Weighing in at 670 grams (1.47 lbs) she is stable, infection-free, breathing better every day, and taking her milk like a champ. It was reconfirmed via cardio-sonogram: her heart was successfully treated, and is perfect! I was given the best two hours of our lives: I was able to hold Vivi against my bare chest, while she snuggled and slept like the tiny dream that she is!! Added bonus to our amazing daily miracle: both Victor AND my dad noted that I am recovering from my hospital stay, noticing the post-op swelling and steroid-induced "Hulk" look is gone, that I "look like our Jacqui again." AND I had a great hair-day. Even my hair is recovering. . . . :) 

Thank you ALL again and again and again for all of your prayers, well wishes, good vibes, good karma, endless love and support, and of course, all your sweet emails that make my cry ♥. It truly means the world to Victor and me, to have such a huge support system, all pulling cosmic strings around the universe, for our little baby girl... Keep it up, I beg you!! Slow and steady, Valentina, until you are good and ready to come home to us, a chubby, healthy perfect baby that we can all love and hug and kiss and squeeze!! ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment