Saturday, May 26, 2012

may 11th


On Tuesday, May 8th at 8 something in the morning, Valentina Lee Castro was born with less than 700 grams and can fit into my two hands. Our little Vivi is tiny and beautiful and each day she miraculously survives. Vivi enjoys holding my fingertip while I read to her, has long legs that she enjoys kicking when Daddy Victor tickles her, curls into tiny yoga positions and likes to lounge about her little incubator. 

Right now our first true hurdle is her heart: for the first time in my life, I am begging for the mercy of God and the Universe... for the steroids she began taking today, to work, and Vivi's heart valves close accordingly, and that with no further complications and infections, her heart may grow stronger over the next few days (and beyond!). Monday morning we will have another sonogram of her heart, to see if the treatment works. With a strong heart, comes healthy lungs, brain, circulatory system, and a fattening little baby. 

Never before in my life have I needed to believe in miracles. Please pray for one, for Vivi. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment